Want to send Now Playing song data from OMT iMediaTouch Radio Automation to your RDS Encoder, Website, or Streaming Server? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and iMediaTouch.
For other setup guides, see our MetaRadio Support Site.
iMediaTouch OnAir can output an XML file to your hard-drive, or network share. This is configured in the OnAir Module ‘Internet’ section.
Here’s how to setup this XML output in iMediaTouch:
- Open iMediaTouch
- Open the ‘Configuration’ menu
- Click on the green ‘Internet’ configuration button
- Under the ‘XML Output’ menu, find the ‘File’ section
- Enter a directory path. As per the iMediaTouch instructions, this path must be on the local hard drive, not a network share
- Check the box labelled ‘Enable’
- Save your changes
- Restart iMediaTouch
- Play a file in iMediaTouch’s OnAir Module, and check an XML file is created and populated with the correct details in the correct folder
Configuring MetaRadio to talk to iMediaTouch
- Open MetaRadio Config
- Add a New Station
- Select “iMediaTouchXML” from the dropdown menu
- Enter the full path to your XML file for your station (generated by iMediaTouch)
- You should be able to leave the Datetime Format and Allowed Asset Types fields blank
- Save the Station Details and close the Configuration app
- Restart the main MetaRadio app and confirm MetaRadio is connected. You should see the full filename, and information displayed whenever the current on-air song changes.
You can now configure your outputs in MetaRadio.