Want to send Now Playing song data to your Shoutcast Streaming Media server, from your Radio Playout/Automation system? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and Shoutcast, allowing the current song title and artist to be sent to any compatible player.
- MetaRadio installed on your PC, with at least one station (automation system) configured
- A Shoutcast server with a stream already encoding and sending to the server
- The Stream ID and Stream Password for your Shoutcast server
- Access to the internet from your MetaRadio computer
Configuring Shoutcast in MetaRadio
- Open MetaRadio Config from the Start Menu on your computer
- Select your Radio Station, and press “Edit”
- Press “Add Output” and select “Shoutcast” from the drop-down menu
- Enter the required details for your Shoucast stream
- Shoutcast Stream ID: If you have multiple streams on the one server, enter the Stream ID for your specific stream. If you only have one stream, enter the ID ‘1’.
- Shoutcast Server Address: The address of the server, not including http:// or any trailing slash (e.g. ‘stream.mediarealm.com.au‘). If your Shoutcast server is on a port other than Port 80, also include this in the Address field (e.g. ‘stream.mediarealm.com.au:8080‘)
- HTTP Auth Password: The password for your Shoutcast stream. This is the same password you put into your streaming audio encoder, or login to the Shoutcast website.
- Press “Update Output Details” and “Update Station Details”
- Close and save your changes in the MetaRadio Config app
- Restart the main MetaRadio app, and check to see if the correct data appears on the Shoutcast webpage next time a song plays